L2.742.4.02.2 Longines Heritage Column-Wheel Chronograph Watch
Longines Heritage Column-Wheel Chronograph Mens L27424022
As we all know, Longines possesses a storied history in watchmaking innovation, specifically for chronographs. In fact, back in 1878, the company produced the world’s first column-wheel chronograph. Moreover, several decades later Longines patented the flyback chronograph and also produce several more notable mechanical chronographs.
Furthermore, Longines developed the column-wheel actuator that properly synchronized the various levers and wouldn’t let the user make this mistake. Thus, today the column-wheel actuators become components found in many high-end chronograph movements. Nevertheless, the complexity in manufacturing these movements gave rise to the more cam-actuated, or coulisse-lever chronographs that can be seen in many popular chronograph movements powered by the Valjoux 7750.
The Movement – Longines Caliber L688
Additionally, Longines started to add the Column-Wheel Chronograph to its Heritage Collection in 2011 to commemorate this technological achievement. As a matter of fact, they placed Longines caliber L688 behind a vintage-inspired dial and case. For this reason, these watches not only does it offer an interesting movement, but its design becomes also a versatile confluence of mid-century dress watches coupled with racing chronographs design. Notably also, if someone is looking to purchase a quality column-wheel chronograph this watch gives you more than it’s price.
- Self-winding Automatic Movement
- Longines Caliber L688
- Display: Analog
- Vibrations Per Hour: 28,800
- Jewels: 27
- Up to 54 Hour Power Reserve
- Column-Wheel Chronograph
- Shape: Round
- Diameter: 41 mm = 1 5/8″
- Thickness: 15 mm
- Material: Polished with Brushed Stainless Steel
- Polished Stainless Steel Fixed Bezel
- Anti-Reflective Scratch Resistant Sapphire
- Sapphire Crystal Exhibition Case Back
- 30 Meters / 100 Feet Water-Resistant
- Screw Down Crown and Case Back
- Inlet Size: 21 mm
- Color: Silver with Black Sub-Dials
- Date Feature – Date Window Displayed Between 4 and 5 O’Clock
- Rose Gold toned dauphin-shape Hours and also Minutes hands with luminous fill
- Applied Rose Gold Tone Hours Markers also with luminous fill
- Rose Gold Tone Seconds Hand
- Black Colored Sub-dials
- Column Wheel Chronograph Feature
- Large Central Chronograph Second Hand
- 30 Minute Counter Sub-Dial at 3 O’Clock
- 12 Hour Counter Sub-Dial at 6 O’Clock
- Small Seconds Sub-Dial at 9 O’Clock
- 60 Second / Minute Track
BRACELET / STRAP
- Type: Strap
- Material: Brown Leather Strap with Crocodile Pattern
- Size: 7″ – 17.80 cm adjustable strap
- Stainless Steel Tang Buckle
- Free sizing
3 Years Warranty Included or you can choose also for an extended warranty program:
- Silver – +3 Years
- Gold – Lifetime
- Platinum – Lifetime with Yearly Ultrasonic Deep Cleaning
Nevertheless, this watch is Brand New and Guaranteed Authentic. Not to mention also that it is coming with Manufacturer Serial Numbers. Moreover, this watch comes also with its Original Certificate of Authenticity, Manufacturer Box and, Instruction Manual.
Find out more also about our Longines Watches Collection Here
Nevertheless, all prices are subject to change without notice and we ( Majordor ) reserve the right to make changes as necessary to reflect the market conditions, our supplier’s conditions and all other factors which are not under our direct control. Moreover, the retail prices shown above may represent the current replacement value of the item and are suggested as retail price, which may not reflect the selling prices. Thus, prices can vary according to the currency exchange rates and may be different than in the store. So, please check up your country and currencies for delivery. In fact, Longines is a registered trademark of Longines SA. Thus, Majordor is not yet an authorized dealer for Longines and also in NO WAY affiliated with Longines SA or Longines USA. Equally important, all Longines watches sold through Majordor are delivered in UNWORN condition.
Tim Griffith –
If you are looking for a quality luxury watch and also a trusted online shop, check out majordor.com.
They have a great selection of watches and I found also that they have great prices too. Great job !
John Staats –
Awesome Watch ! On my list for Easter.